No keys. Is the fuel door the same as the ign?

Of course the keys are long gone. There is no number in the lock on the door, but there is on the ignition. The boot handle is broken off and not a problem.

What are the odds of ordering the ign key (FSN 8) and having it fit the fuel door?

Mitchell
My 150 ignition fits doors and trunk, glove box is different , but due to the key being so worn out a bit of jiggling will open it.

My ignition key matches the fuel door on the 150.

My 52 120 ignition and lock lid the same…
gtjoey

I’m beginning to think FSN8 is not an OEM key number.

A briggs and straton TRACTOR KEY IS JUST ABOUT THE SAME…

1 Like

I just took the locks to a locksmith. The blanks have a UN-3. They can easily make keys to fit.

Agreeing, my ignition, glove box lid and fuel door are the same key. Boot lid key is different because the handle had been replaced long ago.
Here are a couple of sources for British keys.
http://www.britishcarkeys.com/
https://www.triple-c.com/

on some…depends on wear in the key lock…trying a bunch of keys…one can eventually be found to work…

Alas, I have found that the ign key is not the same as the fuel door. I have an old Jag key that slide into the ignition, but doesn’t fit the door or boot.

With no number on it and no way to remove the door, I’ll have to drill it out.

They are very simple locks. With one in hand a locksmith can easily make you a key. Even though simple, a replacement may not be cheap.

Don’t drill it out right away. I have a 120 with a locked fuel lid and no key. When I was in San Luis Obispo a couple of years ago I stopped into xks unlimited to pick up a couple of parts and was offered a tour. I used that opportunity to ask one of the techs if there was a way to get the door open and he showed me some sort of access under the filler box. Unfortunately I cannot remember the process now but I do remember that it did not look difficult. Perhaps someone else can describe the process to you if you cannot figure it out from inside the trunk. Good luck.

Don’t drill any good locksmith can get a key to work

XK120%20fuel%20filler%20box%20001
XK120%20fuel%20filler%20box%20003
Try some sort of hook to pull back that spring loaded wedge.

They are simple locks and pretty easy to pick. I would definitely go that route rather than drilling the lock

I had trouble with mine, was stuck full of dirt, in the end after P Blaster, air to clear it, WD 40 and 3 in 1 oil a flat blade screwdriver and a little finesse opened it. The original key will operate it, but it finicky. My car has ignition key, door lock key and trunk key. I get the car back from the engine builder tomorrow and can check which key open the fuel door.

I started to attempt pick it. To loosen it up I inserted a flat screwdriver and worked it back and forth.

It popped open.