No oil pressure&engine dies

If you’re relying on stock oil pressure gauge, its not very accurate.
I replaced the oil pressure sender for it AND installed my own electric sender for a real oil pressure gauge.

When cold, the real gauge says 75 while the stock gauge says 50.
Warm and driving, real gauge is 40-50, while stock gauge reads 25-40.
Warm and idling, real gauge says 25, while stock gauge reads 15-20.

But once the pressure is low (on idle) the engine shut down, if i’ll replace the sender it will make any different ?

I think you are conflating two different things. The oil pressure is related to engine speed, as it is a directly driven pump. If your car has a stumble on idle, and possible cutting out, then that will be reflected in the oil pressure dropping. It will also be reflected by other issues such as the ignition warning light coming on, heavy steering, etc… But right now, you are not solving an oil pressure problem.

Yes, im very confused as to your problem.

Is Cosmo correct? Is your idle bad and engine idles so low and shuts down and the oil pressure just reflects this?

Or does your engine idle fine with good pressure, then oil pressure drops, then the engine idles bad and shuts down?

Replacing oil pressure sender will not fix any problem with low oil pressure or a bad idle. It only monitors it.

This is correct, as long as the oil pressure is above the minimum everything us o.k, once its drop to 0 the engine shuts down

Ok, if your engine shuts down, of course the oil pressure will go to 0. This is like saying, when you run out of gas and the engine shuts down, your fuel gauge reads empty.

I would try to figure out why the engine is shutting down. Its probably fuel, if i had to guess. Are your fuel filters new?

You probably did not understand me , the oil pressure drops when the engine is running and hot (about after 20 minutes of work).
When I press the accelerator pedal the oil pressure rises but as soon as I leave the pedal the pressure drops again

Hello Shahar - the description you provide would indicate that there is a low oil pressure switch installed for your engine - the low oil pressure switch generally is wired to stop the fuel pump operation - if possible, temporarily install an oil pressure gauge, in the engine compartment, to verify the pressure that the oil pump is providing (instead of relying on the reading of the dash instrument panel gauge) just before the engine stops running - you may have a failing oil pump - Tex Terry, II - 1991 XJS V12 Classic Coupe, 1986 XJS V12 Coupe - sent 9/7/2020 2144hrs. EDT USA.

What are we talking? What is the oil pressure? This is normal operation. The higher the rpm, the higher the oil pressure.

What is the tickover speed of your engine in RPM?

What do you mean by tickover speed ?

Shahar,
What is you idle RPM when you first start up your car and what does your idle RPM do as the engine warms up and eventually die?
Tickover is a slang word for idle RPM.

Paul

Sorry Shahar, I forget not everyone knows all our slang English words!

Time for new engine oil.

Hey paul,
The idle RPM when i start the car is around 800 and it’s not changing to much until the engine die

Shahar,

So, you start the engine.
Engine idles at 800rpm, all is well so far.

Then when it gets hot the engine dies. Is it random or is there a pattern?
At what rpm and temperature does the oil pressure goes to zero ?
Does you engine overheat ?
Does you oil light turn on while the engine is running ?
What kind and how old is your oil and filter ?

Maybe make a video?

The tempeture is normal, once the oil pressure goes to zero the rpm start going up and down (100-700) i think as long as i press the gas pedal and raise the rpm and the oil pressure the engine not die But once im on idle the engine shut down

Shahar
I kinda looked at this thread And I am still somewhat puzzled.
Think carefully.
Does the idle speed drop BEFORE the oil pressure goes to zero?
This is important. It might APPEAR as if the oil pressure drops first, or they both drop together. In addition the tach might be slow to react so it appears the oil pressure drops first.
My guess is that they both drop at the same time and the slow tach needle appears to show the oil pressure dropping first.
I believe you have a problem with maintaining idle speed, not an oil pressure problem.
Get back to us on this.

Let’s get back to basics. Ignore the oil pressure gauge, don’t look at it, in fact, cover it up. Describe only the symptoms you see after that.

As i said, the car act great before it get hot, after that the rpm needle goes up and down when i in low speed (around 30 kmh) when i stop in traffic light the rpm needle drop and the car just die