No Radio Codes?

Had something pop in my mind the other day, right after my tech disconnected /reconnected my battery to see if that would clear my airbag warning light (it didn’t). I realized - “ut oh, I don’t have the security code for the radio in Harlem!”. :open_mouth:

I was fearing that my radio would not work after the battery was hooked back up, but to my surprise it did. For future reference, I looked through my owner’s manual set (including the entertainment system manual) and was surprised to find NO mention of radio security codes in any of it. So, did Jag finally decide to abandon that (silly, IMHO) radio code system beginning with the X-308 model?

IIRC they didn’t code the radios in cars in the US, presumably because nobody stole them unlike here in the UK!

1 Like

If the radio is set to NORTH AMERICA then the radio head unit will not need code input the when power is disconnected.

bob

Ah k. Phew! Thanks, guys. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wow. :flushed: I’d think such theft would be so “un-Brit”, but then, remembering the words of front man Kim Simmons of the classic Brit boogie band Savoy Brown, “anyone who says the British are gentlemen are liars” :grin:

TSB 415-06 details the “Radio Selectable Features”.

Be aware that if you change the USER’S COUNTRY that all presets will be lost.
A radio code is still handy to have as the head unit might somehow decide that it needs that input.

I don’t trust electronics to stay ‘STEADY STATE’ when power is disconnected.
SOMETIMES electrical things FORGET!!!

bob