Noisy front springs

I am trying to get to grips with several,small issues on the front axle of the Mk10/420G. Currently available front springs make metallic noise when riding across sleeping policemen, potholes, uneven asphalt and gravel roads. The springs move within the top section and bottom plate. This causes the disturbing noise.
My BMW cars from the late 60s have rubber parts at both ends of the front and rear springs. No such metallic noise on those cars. Pity that Jaguar didn´ t think of this.
But my S-type, without rubber parts on the springs, doesn´t make the metallic noise…!
Any other thoughts on this.matter…?
Peder

it is possible to insert thin plastic donuts at top & bottom of spring, I have seen them on Jags

did you throw away your old springs?

I have an aversion to changing springs, and only do so if they are sagged or broken

you could try spraying a long-lasting lube in there, like a moly based

agree with Tonys’ comments. FSM ’ packing pieces may be fitted above coil springs of some cars, their purpose being to accomodate manufacturing variations in the springs which are graded into three groups and identified by a colour patch on the middle coil.’ red = 1/4 inch, yellow = 1/8 inch, purple = none