('o') Central Oklahoma Build Party ('o')

Sir Paul Wiggles added another member to his fan club.

My 5 yr old granddaughter Zoey is quite smitten after being too shy to even look at him the first 1/2 of the day! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. She then wouldnā€™t leave his side this evening.

Itā€™s so amazing to me that in the presence of someone w/ so much knowledge, projects go swimmingly. Paul is absolutely a gem of a human! No idea how Iā€™ll ever repay his kindness.

He even made us his specialty Cowboy Beans for dinner, tweaking the recipe with chicken! Yum!!

4 Likes

Good idea. Pete Crespin adjusted my carbs at the completion of my rebuild in 2013. I havenā€™t touched the adjustments since then and the car still starts and runs great. What is it thatā€™s so often said? ā€œMost carburator problems are electrical.ā€

2 Likes

You and Tim already have! Just having your friendship, and all of that, is all I ever need!

That, and an unending supply of Coke Zeroā€¦ :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Pick the one(s) you want and Iā€™ll 'em in the mail (these were from my Concours Days - one or more were sometimes in your judging packet

2 Likes

I doth suspect music hath charms . . . :musical_score: :guitar: :studio_microphone: :notes:
may have had something to do with it

Those are AWESOME! Love the ā€œknown to biteā€ :smile:

We took Paul to the famous Eischenā€™s Bar in Okarche Oklahoma for lunch. https://youtu.be/p4F4mMyJPqQ

Today came with some more challenges, had to remove lots of shields to remove the slave and brake booster as slave seems stuck. Guess Iā€™ll be mailing to White Post Restorations in VA as not aware of anyone here (in OK) that can work on them.

Still chasing electrical issues, we know the fans are working, suspect I had not just 1 but 2 bad relays?? What are the chances?

Radiator refilled with antifreeze now that leak appears to have been remedied by my hubs. (Thankful for an EASY and successful task!)

Today I took the alternator to a shop about an hour away, determined alternator is FINE! Guy said probably the regulator. So we will see if yet another relay is malfunctioning.

Onwardā€¦

2 Likes

Just PM me your address (*) and Iā€™ll send a couple of them. I seem to have a spare or two laying around.

(*) I know I have it - just canā€™t put my fingers on it.

Side mirror had been broken, the chrome was good but canā€™t get just a mirror that I could find. We have a great glass/mirror place in town and they put a new piece in it.

$12 vs $135+. Win!

5 Likes

Well, sadly, my time here in Central Oklahoma is coming to an endā€¦:persevere:

Iā€™ll be taking off at oh dark 30 tomorrow morning, to arrive back in Colorado late tomorrow afternoon.

To Candie and Tim: the friendship I have made with you both far surpasses any time or effort that it might take to do this trip. It truly is nothing to come down here and spend time with you, and the joy in your face and your little dances, are just wonderful! We made pretty good progress this time, and almost everything was a net positive with not too many steps backwards.

You and Tim are marvelous people and those two wonderful puppas are the goodest good boysā€¦ in Oklahoma!

6 Likes

So great of you to do this. Iā€™m glad you folks were able to get a lot done. Good on you Paul.
Dave

1 Like

Paul is truly amazing. You can tell when he gets to focusing, we just back up and let him do his ā€œsurgeryā€.

I was simply the tool :screwdriver: getting girl, burn cream and booboo treating medical provider :smile:

The goodest good dogs are already sad Paul is gone too!

Safest of travels Sir Paul Wiggles AKA ā€œSilver Foxā€

Hoping we do not disappoint you in our ability to get the brake servo assembly in. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Thatā€™s it! New nicknameā€¦

Dr. BooBoo. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

As for a tool getter, you and Tim have NO rivals.

As for friends, there are few equals!

Candeice, you do not give yourself credit for what youā€™re able to do: once you calm down, and refocus on the joy that this car represents, youā€™ll do just fine.

Think of Dwightā€¦:innocent:

I searched in vain this morning for a pen or pencil, but couldnā€™t find it: thank you so much for the great hospitality and wonderful service.

I left a five dollar tip on the bed for youā€¦ :slight_smile: Wink wink!

2 Likes

Ok, back safe and sound, and now Iā€™m being mobbed by dogs!

Iā€™ll wrap up the return trip in a day or soā€¦ When I get all the dog slobber off of my hands!

1 Like

Dr. Candie,
I have the same broken mirror and since the glass is only 1/4 inch, no one will fix it for me. Where did you find the replacement mirror?? I havenā€™t found one.
LLoyd

We have a great little glass/mirror shop about 5 miles from my house. they have done many projects for me throughout the years.

I took the mirror to them, not knowing if they would be able to make one work for me. He has mirrors as thin as 1/8" so he was able to put in the correct thickness mirror. It looks like brand new.

Iā€™m not sure but you might be able to ship to them to have them do it for you. Glass Solutions 1129 S Broadway, Edmond, OK 73034 (405) 341-3891

Perhaps there is a mirror/glass place near you that would be able to do the same?