Odd engine swap

Besides gm v8s…what other engines have been adapted to xjs’…any electric…i’m talking for on road use not any drag racers or racing machines.

Electric would be very interesting !

Aristides

Forget a V12, there’s nothing to get your heart racing like the smooth sound of an idling electric motor :grinning:

2 Likes

Isn’t the car heavy enough w/o adding all those batteries?

Harry Price

We heard from some guy a few years back that dropped an XK engine into his XJ-S. That was weird, but he said he wanted to keep the car Jaguar and it was an engine he had available.

1 Like

ha ha… there is no sound to an electric motor in a car when it stops…in cars aren’t they are direct drive so when the car stops would not the motor also stop? I am becoming a believer in the future of electric autos…I have seen Teslas on the road and they are becoming more popular…that would be a choice but I think that to buy a new one might be spendy and the battery is surely a heavy replacement cost.

There was one for sale a little while ago with a buick v6 in it. I don’t remember all the specs

1 Like

Scrimbo …

Ah …

2 Likes

It would be except that experience is showing that the battery outlasts the car.

1 Like

BMW V12 available nearby for 3K. German car included.

I thought about it for two minutes before deciding that particular jigsaw puzzle didn’t have a picture on it that I needed to see that bad.