Odd engine swap

(scrimbo) #1

Besides gm v8s…what other engines have been adapted to xjs’…any electric…i’m talking for on road use not any drag racers or racing machines.

(Aristides Balanos) #2

Electric would be very interesting !

Aristides

(Grooveman) #3

Forget a V12, there’s nothing to get your heart racing like the smooth sound of an idling electric motor :grinning:

(Harry Price) #4

Isn’t the car heavy enough w/o adding all those batteries?

Harry Price

(Kirbert - author of the Book, former owner of an '83 XJ-S H.E.) #5

We heard from some guy a few years back that dropped an XK engine into his XJ-S. That was weird, but he said he wanted to keep the car Jaguar and it was an engine he had available.

(scrimbo) #6

ha ha… there is no sound to an electric motor in a car when it stops…in cars aren’t they are direct drive so when the car stops would not the motor also stop? I am becoming a believer in the future of electric autos…I have seen Teslas on the road and they are becoming more popular…that would be a choice but I think that to buy a new one might be spendy and the battery is surely a heavy replacement cost.

(Jason Miller 1993 XJS 4.0 convertible, 1997 XK8 coupe ) #7

There was one for sale a little while ago with a buick v6 in it. I don’t remember all the specs

(Grooveman) #8

Scrimbo …

Ah …

(Kirbert - author of the Book, former owner of an '83 XJ-S H.E.) #9

It would be except that experience is showing that the battery outlasts the car.

BMW V12 available nearby for 3K. German car included.

I thought about it for two minutes before deciding that particular jigsaw puzzle didn’t have a picture on it that I needed to see that bad.