Odd find in fuel tank

Shortly after acquiring our 120, I pulled the fuel tank to have it cleaned of all the nasty old rotten fuel and rust. Once I had it out of the car, I tipped it on end and heard something clunking around inside. I thought it was a loose baffle. When I looked inside with a flashlight I saw something rather shiny. I was able to get it to slide out through the filler neck and was quite surprised. (See the attached photo). I wasn’t able to find much on the web about this product, but apparently it hasn’t been available for a long time. Someone must have been adding this stuff to the fuel and lost their grip.

2 Likes

Looks like marvel mystery oil upper cylinder lube.

With its newly discovered rare ingredients. Very cool.

Reminds me of discovering why the screen washer water was always rusty coloured in my Sovereign
Finally found a very rusty ring spanner at the bottom of the water bottle.

I found a wiper arm wedged in my series 3 e-type tank. Hard to figure the thinking behind that.

Broken fuel gauge, emergency check of fuel level with something thin and long…hmm…

Not my first thought in checking my fuel level with a broken gauge. I suppose since the car had a power antenna, taking the mast off to check the level would be problematic LOL. It was the correct type wiper arm for the car, very strange. If it didn’t have a rub wear spot on it, it was usable and new looking.