Oil capacity and dipstick 420G

Accoerding to the small, yellow Owners Manual the engine needs 6,75 L after an oil drain and filter change.
The other day I filled it with 6L, and drove home, to fill the last bit the following day.
To my surprise the level on the stick(correct and marked Mk10), was just above the top of the hatched area…
I checked the lenght of the funnel/tube which holds the dip stick. It was exactly the same length as anothe G. And both sticks have the same angled felt seal.

I think I will leave it as is, and not add the last 0,75 L, which would make the total amount as per the book.

Has anybody got a different view on this?
Not a big worry, but a bit strange.

When I fitted a XJ6 Engine in to my MK2 , I changed the dip stick to , to that of a MK2 , I then added the 8.25 L with a new filter , ran the engine till hot , then left it for around 3 hours , then checked the dip stick , the level was at the top of the full mark , So I know now where the right level is !

0.75 L may have still been in your engine , on removing the cam covers in the past there has always been a lot of oil , on saying that my 8.25 L may now be 9 !!

Long as the oil pressure is ok , a little more or a little less should not hurt .

Some say run it low so it don’t come out the back main oil seal , then again I am not sure how much oil is in the sump with a running engine , would have thought most would be pumping around the engine !

Yes, oil dip stick is closely tied to the sump, so you surely did right as the XJ6 sump is probably different to that of the Mk2.
It even varies between early and late XK 140/150s, as well as the 120s.
Coming back to my 420G, and the”missing” .75L, I wonder if that is causing the current low oil pressure.
That car is 350nmikes from here so I have only seen it twice since the oil change in late Oct or Nov. But I have checked the level after the initial change and observation, which caused my posting.
I was there this week and tried another sender. No difference. Next thing is to check the components in the relief valve.