Oil pressure valve seal?

What type of seal goes on this pressure relief valve is it a Teflon or nytrol oring??? Any one can help. I ordered one but it’s on BO from xks.com
Thanks

Sorry here’s is picture

Hi Sawyer - well the part that seals to the body of the oil filter head is a regular aluminum crush washer.

The part on the end is an o-ring and lucky for you I just had to replace mine and figured out what size it was after alot of measuring and o-ring research :slight_smile: I now have a bunch of them in viton. I’ll mail you a couple if you want.

~Mike
72 XJ6 (x2)
73 XJ6
85 XJ6
84 XJS

Hi Mike, can you tell us the size? I’m guessing it’s a standard O-Ring size and it’s probably better this way. Hard to measure.

David

Hi David - it is a regular o-ring… I have to go into the shop to find 'em. Will post later.

~Mike

Cheers Mike if you could mail me one and size that would be fantastic.You still got my address?

Okay sorry for the delay been - been busy putting the new drivetrain in one of the 72’s
@sawyer10702 @davidsxj6
So that o-ring is:
#017 (11/16" ID, 13/16" OD, 1/16" cross section)

~Mike

1 Like

Mike the cross section is that the thickness of the seal?

yes - The diameter of the circle that makes up the seal.

Great, thank you! Next time mine clogs (and it will) it will go in. Good quality ones are cheap and plenty; and mine seems a bit too old for my taste.

The #017 yielded plenty results, by the way. Viton is the best for the application I guess? At least it’s recommended for valve stems. Ot teflon. How about Buna N… probably all alright in a way.