Oilsump early Mk2 (LB...) engine. Leakage

No problem.

With best regards

Dear Phil,

Re the oil sump again…

Have discussed with Ken Norman/Norman Motors in London who has supplied all needed parts over the years for my XK restauration and helped me a lot with advises.

He informed

1. The Mk2 Alu-sump can unfortunately not be used on my early Mk2 engine with tin-sump because of different rear seal arrangement.

2. The mk9 ton-sump is different from the original XK150 sump (perhaps only the lack of external connection for the oil return hose. Probably has the same rear seal arrangement as my Mk2 engine.

So he thinks it could be worth while to make a trial with the mk9 tin sump and add an external return oil connection.

He can pack and arrange shipment to Sweden.

Do you think there is a reasonable service/ delivery company that could pick up the sump at your place and take it to Norman Motors on my cost?

Adress is

Norman Motors

100 Mill Lane

London NW6 1NF

With best regards

Hans

Skickat från min iPhone

It’s the packing that concerns me. Have you contacted ken Jenkins? He has some original tin sumps.

With best regards

Thanks for your return answer !

I meant/ thought a simple ”wrap in” would be sufficient for delivery to Norman Motors in London and he would do the export packing. But I might well underestimate…

Have not contacted Ken Jenkins but will do. Many thanks for suggestion!!

Best regards

Hans

Skickat från min iPhone

Let me see what packing I can get. Can you ask Norman motors to get a quote to collect it from me? My post code is

RH7 6HS

With best regards

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I will ask Norman Motors about arrangement to pick up at your place. Will revert as soon as I have some info.

Thank you again and best regards

Hans

Skickat från min iPhone

apologies to the forum i thought we were using the private messaging!

Same from me! How do we use private?

Skickat från min iPhone

Tap on the icon top left of the post, this will open a window. In the top right of the window wi be a blue ‘message’ tab