Old film with a MK2 in it!

thanks - very interesting old machinery and fashions. it all seems very relaxed and polite. is that relatively true of the period (start of beatlemania ) a very exotic world compared to my rural nova scotia. lol

That was so entertaining to watch! Thank you!

Very nice bit of car spotting. Takes me back. I envy the parking but not lack of seatbelts etc.

Not just the parking. Did you also notice an almost complete absence of litter, garbage cans, bus stops and advertising?

I only noticed one other Jag, but there were lots of Triumphs and Moggies about.

Fords and Austins.Sunbeam, Humber. Hardly any non Domestic and zero Asian. Did expect more bikes and/or sidecars. More of an urban commute choice I guess.

In the good old days !!

Sad, that would have buffed out just fine!

Gerard

Cool film but tough to watch. Those guys were using cutting torches with no gloves or googles. What would OSHA (USA big brother) have to say about that? Thanks for sharing, Phillip

Watching this makes me wonder how there aren’t cars piled up at each intersection? Put an American in this situation and it would be over! We get people losing their minds at round-abouts and four way stop signs test the meer meaning of traffic laws here in Colorado, USA. I do like getting onto the gas when no one is around pushing hard through some of our curvy round-abouts. I know I doing well right on the edge when the tires start to protest with a slight squeal.

Gerard

The film is an interesting find! Thanks
The Jag is a 2.4-litre (Mk 1).

Er, if thatza MK1 I’m a Dutchman…

The heavy door surrounds look like a Mk1 to me … maybe my eyes are failing,
'cause I know your’re not a Dutchman

Did Mk2s ever come with full rear wheel spats?

Gentlemen, before continuing the debate, please first agree which film you are discussing. There are 3 films in this thread, middle one has Mk1 and the last one has Mk2. :slight_smile:
Köpi

And speaking of misidentified cars, the one going to the breaker’s yard is a '36 or '37 SS Jaguar 2-1/2 Litre coachbuilt saloon, not a Mark IV.

My observations: much better placement of traffic lights on curbside poles rather than all on high overhead stanchions which are difficult to see if you are the first in the queue. My state should take note (Oregon). Also like the momentary amber light just prior to the green. Bike lanes do not appear in evidence.