Original CD Changer

Would someone please tell me where the CD changer is mounted n the trunk of a 2002 X Type sedan. A PO mounted an after market changer on the trunk floor and it is in the way and a pain in the a**. The changer is very inconvenient to use. I would like to reinstall a jag unit.

There were a few different original options. If your car had a CD player in the boot, it would be in the left wheel well area, under a removable cover in the carpet covering. It might not have had a CD player. One of my X-types did not have one as original equip. I didn’t want a CD player in the boot, so I got on Ebait and bought an in-dash, original X-type AM/FM/CD player. If you check out that option, you can ditch the changer in the boot.

I was hoping to get a used changer for the trunk, as I like the convenience of not having to load them one at a time. My former XJ6 had the changer in the trunk and my XK8 has one there also. It would be handy to get an extra cartridge and be able to load up three cartridges for a trip n whatever car I was taking and pop a new one in at every stop.

I’ve decided that this car didn’t have one from the factory, as there is no place in the wheel well for one, even though there is a CD button on the stereo. I was hoping that, in the early cars, they were mounted on the top of the trunk. No luck. A PO put an after market CD changer in the trunk but it is n the way and obstructs the access to the spare.

When it came time to put a CD player in my car, I preferred to have the player in the dash. I didn’t want the one in the boot, because if I change my mind about what CD I want to listen to, I can simply put a new one in while I am driving. E-mail me if you are interested in my changer that was original equipment in the boot of my car. (kassaq2k@mtaonline.net)