Original Opalescent Silver Blue Color Match

I agree with the recent comments, but color is a very personal thing, and was offering a possible avenue for the original poster to perhaps get what he wants. Should I do another paint job (already an old respray), I will certainly pick a closely matching modern color.

I certainly appreciate the offer, but do not think the painted over undercoat would allow an accurate computer scan. If the inside of a petrol lid was original that is a possibility, but I cannot think of anything short of a door that you could remove to affect and proper color match. And yes old paint formulas mean very little as the toners have all changed throughout the years.
The most accurate match, is to first computer scan the sample. That will get you “close” to the paint chip variants of that shade. The final match is made by you placing the color chip next to your original paint and deciding which one you consider to match. The paint is then mixed as per the specs of that particular color chip. I have an extensive collection of Glasurit/BASF and Sikkens color chip Catalogs. If I can get some original unfaded (perferably) internal panel I can match it for all of prosperity to enjoy and will happily post it here.
I just hate going to shows where there are multiple shades of “Supposedly” the proper color.

understood - I figured that was what you were after, and that those chips wouldn’t cut it. As I mentioned before, there seems to be no removable body part that would be reasonable to lend you. Even the doors have been painted inside. I suspect someone will eventually turn up with what you are seeking.

lol…you do realise you can never fix this issue, and even if yours is supposedly correct, any other shade is going to throw up the question

Your color is uncommon, so I guess that helps

good luck on your quest

I went through this, but there are several formulations of Jaguar Dark Blue. I have two
(one is blacker, and one has more red )

…and dont get me started on British Racing Green

Ive already got the quintessential formulas for British Racing Green (there are as many as 7 variants), Dark Blue (4 variants) and Regency Red (2 variants). Pale Primrose is a lost cause. ( A neutral shade of this is almost impossible to achieve and it still remain clean.The original shade leans a bit too much to a green tint) Old English white is fairly easy.

Dear Thorswhisper,

At the moment I am also interested in obtaining a paint formula for Opalescent Silver Blue.
Did you manage to find it in 2021?

Hope to hear from you! Best wishes,
Tovanes

I was never able to come across an original sample to have it computer matched.( Which merely gets it close)
I highly recommend having several samples mixed as the shades will differ between different paint manufacturers.
Then just pick the one you like best.
The original formulas do not really guarantee a match any longer as the various color tones have changed. Some being not even close to what was originally used.
I buy the Eastwood speed shapes and spray out samples to view on them. Makes it very easy to compare.

Hi,

That is very true, some tones are impossible to recreate as the pigments being used are completely different.

Cheers!