~OT~ The Grass Is Always Greener Over The Leach Field, and Other Father's Day Tasks!

Make of that association, what you will…:laughing:

I’m not a real dad, just a pretend one to all my bus kiddos, but to all on here who are of the dadderly persuasion, whether ya hate me, are mildly bemused by me, or think I’m kinda OK, I wish to you all a happy Dad’s Day!

Mine was spent mowing out the “bad weeds,” and, yep, they are over the leach field!

Now, off to sit-n-sip a frosty DD beverage, watch the afternoon thunder rumblies come and go, then back after JDF prep!

Ava good’un!

2 Likes

This looks like as good a place as any to add a Happy Fathers day from me. Being a dad is great and being a grandfather is just icing on the cake!

2 Likes

Being a dad has been the single best thing that ever happened to me … three times.
This is a T-shirt given to me for Father’s Day in another lifetime

Happy Father’s Day to the dads

Happy%20Father’s%20Day%202005|671x500

1 Like

I spent the day in “sorta” similar situation. Weed eatered above the cliff behind the house. (woopie doo)

LLoyd

“Prediction is very difficult, especially if it’s about the future.”

Physicist Niels Bohr

I had a GREAT father’s day. Carol fixed a tasty breakfast, Scott (number 2 son) bought tickets to yesterday’s Nationals game for the three of us and we watched the home team beat the Diamondbacks 15-5 on a beautiful day with seats in the shade. I didn’t do one productive or useful thing all day. Heaven!

My hero…:grimacing:

Sounds to me like you did. :smile:

I’m not a real dad either, spent the day having folks wish me happy Father’s day then needing to explain I’m not real. However significant other has 3 children from mid 30s to 50s so I’m claiming them :slight_smile:pauls

1 Like

Father’s day was different for me this year, it was my first without my father. My two sons showed me what I mean to them but, nevertheless, it was a little sombre.

I had an excellent role model but, it wasn’t until I became a dad myself that I understood what being a man really was.

1 Like

You? A role model??

(Doing a spit take)

Seriously, I do understand: 1998 was my first dad-less year. It’s…somber, indeed.

I play this every year, on Father’s Dsy…

Well now you’ve reminded me of another man that is missed by a whole bunch of guitar pickers and those that liked them. One of the greatest. Not that many of his Certified Guitar Pickers left around.
pauls

Just one I know of…Tommy Emmanuel.

When I saw Tommy 5 years ago? he had another CGP in tow, both played the other guys was older and more or less a side show. Nevertheless he was a CGP and that was enough for me. It was a privilege to see them both and of course Tommy blew me away as you know.
pauls

Amen. The best part of my life with nothing else even close. And I’ve been around and done some stuff.
Spent the day watching my middle kid graduate college. BBQ super soul burgers in the back yard after.

2 Likes

No Paul, I was talking about my dad. But, my boys think I’m great and that’s all a dad can hope for.

1 Like

Beautiful song Paul. Thanks for posting it.

A moving song. I never heard that one before.

LLoyd

“Prediction is very difficult, especially if it’s about the future.”

Physicist Niels Bohr