OT, Visit to the "Thermal Club" country club for racers

Was invited to the Thermal Club with the Alfa club yesterday.
For those of you that have a spare 2+ to 3 million burning a hole in your pocket you can own a piece of a racetrack. Includes a custom built Villa overlooking the track with a 8 to 12 car garage. At the presentation they had cards to fill out if you had any interest and I did but as soon as they announced the prices I sheeplessley pulled the card. Got to do a few laps on the track with the Alfa and was very impressed with the grip this car had on the track. The least I could do is buy a cap at the gift shop with the Thermal logo. If a club is interested in renting the track for a day it will only cost $25K.
Glenn

In which hemisphere does this track exist?

:wink:

Interesting.
Just for grins I entered my car’s data with a stated value of $80,000 in their insurance link for 1 day of coverage. The premium came to $432.

Good info, I thought that the track was near Needles or way in the weeds, pretty close to Palm Springs not a big deal for us. I might go next time an invitation wafts by.
pauls

And for the east coast crowd it reminds me of Monticello circuit in the Catskills.

https://www.monticellomotorclub.com

I’m not in their target demographic, but every fall lots of journos get to play for a couple of days on road and track. If there is a motoring heaven then it can’t be much better. All the manufacturers show up and the paddock is just full of cars with the keys in the ignition, yours for the taking.

The one I wanted to try but was always out was the Viper. Every time I finished a ride I went to the Chrysler tent but no luck. In the end it was getting near time to go so I jumped in some red Camaro wannabe thing (not being too well up on domestic models). As I wandered out on track I floored it and WOOOW!

Hammered it for 20 mins and it drifted onto the dirt a bit coming out of a hairpin. Turned out it was some 707 horsepower Dodge Challenger or Charger thing - whichever is the 2-door, not the cop 4-door.

So who’s organising the Thermal time-share?