Our XJ-S convertible pickup truck

I am working on a fence project at our house and needed to replace some wood so I drove my wife’s 1990 XJ-S convertible to the local lumber yard for some 2X4s and fence boards. I got some smiles and waves on the drive home. The wood was secured with rope tied to the seats and doors.

:grin:

Paul

8 Likes

Last month I needed to pickup Christmas trees for me and my parents!

3 Likes

You guys are quite resourceful.

2 Likes

It’s the red colour, it has magic properties I think.

1 Like

White too, in winter…

My wagon is gold but this one is close by and was put on show over the holidays when National Lampoons Christmas Vacation was on the TV.

1 Like

You guys live in the USA, Land of the pickup truck. Purchase one for your Home Depot projects and show some respect for a fine automobile ( smile)

1 Like

I love finding the utility out of a Jaguar. Changing suspension more often as a result is well worth the comfort of using it as a work vehicle.

3 Likes

If you take the rear seat out of an XJ SIII saloon, it exposes depressions in the floor pan that are the exact size needed to firmly hold a pair of rigid Sainsburys shopping crates.

2 Likes

Well James, I never thought I’d be able to say this, but you’re way too conservative and timid. Come back to me when you’ve driven 600 miles with a gearbox and bellhousing in the boot, in order to make room for the engine on the back seat…

7 Likes

OK, I gotta ask: How did you get an XK engine into the back seat?

1 Like

Ahahaha Peter you put me to shame. I am impressed. Ok you activated competition mode I must try to get this in the back of a long wheel base sedan.

3 Likes

We’re all rank amateurs. A quick Google search for “overloaded car image” reveals some people who take this job seriously.

3 Likes

I call Beenie my “F 0.150.”

:sunglasses:

1 Like

You look like like Ernest Hemingway landing a giant Marlin in the tropics.

I took the seat cushion out and jacked the car up so the engine hoist could poke in further from the passenger side before the pulling from the driver side began. Of course I made sure the back seat occupant was ‘buckled up’ but hate to thin what would have happened in a bad head-on shunt…

3 Likes

This is truly impressive. At least it doesn’t require any legroom.

1 Like

Peter I still may not have topped the engine in the rear seat but have you ever loaded a red rocket on the roof and driven 45 mins w a cat and dog hanging out?

2 Likes

Don’t worry James, you had me beat the first time I saw the white wingless wonder…

1 Like

So my question is, why???

:smile:

1 Like

Christ… this woulda netted him a felony!

1 Like