Over heating and over fueling?

I took the MK2 on a winter road trip to London today.
The co-pilot (15 yo) pointed out that we were over heating - up to 100 degC, but I noticed that the fuel gauge was also off scale… Voltage regulator?
The problem went away after coming off the M3, but happened again on the way home … intermittent voltage regulator?

Any ideas
David

They are both connected to the stabilizer , I would check that out first !s-l1600%5B5%5D

The gauge and the stabilizer could be culprits, but the true test was whether you had a boiling over condition. Might also be a good time to get a new cap of 7 pounds of pressure (what I use). New hoses, new heater controller, etc…

Gerard

I had a similar problem a couple of months ago. Regulator went bad. Easy to check (should be 10 volt out with 12-14 in) and fix.

There are models in positive and negative ground from this frequent lister:

https://www.coolcatcorp.com/Merchant5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=CEC&Product_Code=SSIVR-N&Category_Code=

Gerard

All

Thanks for the advice. There was no overheating, so I have ordered a voltage stabiliser, lets see if that fixes it!

Regards
David

What is a voltage stabilizer?.
Never heard of it. Is it the small part with 4 green wires at the top of the photo?

I nstrument V oltage R elay, and they provide a steady state 10-volt current!for the water temp and fuel gauges.

Yes peder , stabilizer and Regulator are 2 diffrent things , unlike Boot and Trunk , Bonnet and Hood :rofl: