Part for sale xjs v12 HE

If it’s complete I’d like it … I just don’t know how to make contact … you could always email spokewheeljag@icloud.com

…my 1983 has the screw in
location but does not have the sensor…
…someone spent a small fortune replacing everything under
the hood around 1999, then I think the engine blew around 2001…

If that sensor was omitted, I think we know why that engine blew.

– Kirbert

Could you elaborate on why the engine would blow if that sensor was omitted? And my 83 is missing the sensor, not the 85 which does seem to have blown something. I recently posted about swapping the motor out in my 83 in which the low mile motor was noisy. I guess I am wondering if I should have the sensor on the fuel rail of the 83 or not as it has the screw in location? The wiring under the hood is such a mess, I will have to trace and figure out how to hook up the sensor in the 83 if it came with one. Thanks.

I would be willing to sell as long as I don’t need it, I asked a question about it below. I will contact you if I don’t need. Thanks.

Hi Matt, there are two different questions being asked in this one thread, hence the confusion. The first concerns the fuel rail heat sensitive switch. This switch (or absence thereof) will do no damage to your engine. The second question (from Antonio) is about a full load vacuum switch for enrichment at WOT. This switch, not working, and the microswitch backup, also not working, is when engine damage (at WOT) could result!

Antonio, the switch you describe should work, and better to be too rich at WOT than too lean.

Thanking Kirbet1 and you, I have bought the vacuum switch with a 3" HG setting (the book says 3,5).
It costed me 73 Euros (Transport, Import and other taxes included)when the Harley Davidson dealer in Lisbon was asking for 143 Euros.
As it will only arrives from 8th to 17th this month, when I get it and connect it, I will let you know.
Hope all goes well, for my first race with the car will be next 29th April, on the “Autodromo do Estoril” (Portugal), on a Classic Super Stock race.

Antonio, 3 inches Hg. sounds perfect! Good luck in your race!

I have bought the vacuum switch with a 3" HG
setting (the book says 3,5).

Is it Normally Closed? If it’s Normally Open, you’ll need to use a relay.

Also, in thinking more about it, if I couldn’t get the spec setting I’d have shot
for HIGHER, bringing the full-load fuelling on SOONER. Just to be on the
safe side.

It costed me 73 Euros (Transport, Import
and other taxes included)

That’s not cheap!

…when the Harley Davidson dealer in Lisbon was
asking for 143 Euros.

That’s even worse! I’m guessing Lisbon is not a good place to be buying
Harley parts?

– Kirbert

Thanks for the coments. If i tis normal closed, if I put the contacts of the multimeter on the wires it should “beep”?

How should I connect with the relay it if it is normal open?

Thanks for the coments. If i tis normal closed, if I put the contacts
of the multimeter on the wires it should “beep”?

It should beep when there is no vacuum applied. When vacuum is applied, it
should not beep.

How should I connect with the relay it if it is normal open?

You’d run 12V to one of the coil terminals on the relay, connect the other coil
terminal to this vacuum switch, and connect the other wire from the vacuum
switch to ground. The two wires that originally went to the vacuum switch
would now go to a pair of normally-closed contacts on the relay.

– Kirbert

Thanks again and when the part arrives I will let you know.

Already got the full load vacum switch and it was “normaly open” so I have connected it as you said.

Missed the race not only because I could not start the engine but I had some problems with a new set of wheels and starter motor.

I hope to have the car ready for the second race (first weekend of June).

As I have deleted the starter relay and used a push button, how can I remake the function of the inibit switch?

The number 17 position on the ECU (Lucas 16CU) is an active negative and I have tries to connect it with a green and black wire but it did not work.

I also do not know what are the two wires Black and Slate and Pink and White (no the one that goes to the injectors).

Final the engine turns, there are sparks in the spark plugs but no fuel.

Do you think you can give me a help in this matter.

Thanking you in advance, I am sending

Best Regards

Antonio

e connector to throttle switch thanks

Hello i need the connector to throttle switch or the diagram electric for rebuilding harness thanks

http://forums.jag-lovers.com/u/santosng Santosng
July 16

Hello i need the connector to throttle switch or the diagram electric for rebuilding harness thanks

Thank u Antonio