Password problem and Electrical diagram for early X300

Hello all

Desperately trying to get information before possibly replacing fuel sender on X300 I may shortly buy. The gauge reads zero and the warning light is on and I’m wondering if it could be something else. I Would really like wiring diagram. Have OTP but cannot access it despite having an activation code. Tried to get into photo album from poster who replaced sender but this site reports password wrong, although I’m here so the basic password must be right! Help!

Hi Allan, search jaguar x300 electrical wiring and a site
jaguarsclub.sk/service/
should come up.
You may find what you require in there.
With the gauge showing empty I suppose you have determined that the tank IS empty??? :slight_smile:

Thanks Robin for your very prompt response! Good point about the tank possibly being empty, but this is a car I might buy and the seller says he is pretty sure the tank is full! Can you (or anyone) point me to a procedure for replacing the sender, in case I have to? Is it complicated?

Here is another wiring diagram site …

www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/

I hope you find a solution.

Hi Alan (dropped the second L)
It looks to be the same set up as the '40.
Simple to R & R the sender. I have just replaced a tank in a '40 that I was taking down to Invercargill on a charity run. When it was out I noticed that there was a drain plug to one side of the outlet and return pipes on the underside.
If the tank is full then you will need to remove over 50% of the amount of fuel.
Once you have the tank level down the sender unit is accessible from inside the boot positioned centre and half way up about a 60mm circle. Just use a brass drift to rotate the slip ring trapping the unit in place then you can withdraw the sender to identify any damage/problems. I can see if I can take a photo and post it