Past owner of XK120 Rodney Steel

A long shot, but would any “old timers” here possibly remember a past owner of my XK120 AEN 482?
His name was Rodney Steel and he lived in the Chislehurst area, and owned the car for about 30 years from 1967-1997. I have discovered that he also had an Aston DB2/4 Mk III, a 1955 Lagonda 3 litre drophead, and a 1965 E-Type 4.2 fhc FPL 660C. These 3 cars as well as the XK120 went under the hammer at Phillips auction, Powderham Castle, Exeter on 16 Sept 1997, by order of the executors of his estate.

My research has also revealed that Mr Steel wrote several books - “Bentley, The Crewe Years”, plus others on sharks, crocodiles, and monitor lizards! He was a science editor at the Central Office of Information, London, and had previously been working in the paleontology dept of the British Museum. Rather similar interests to some of mine, actually!

Further research suggests that he never married, and lived with his mother in the Orpington/St Pauls Cray area of Kent.

I’d be most interested to hear if anyone has any personal memories of this gentleman.