PDU Found All Sorts of Issues When Attempting to Reorient Sensors

I recently replaced my TPS and successfully reset it using my recently acquired PDU…however when attempting to reorient the oxygen sensors…just because I was there, the PDU kicked out the following issues:

GH009-12 Pin 12 : Male (W/R) - Brings Ignition Power to the Transmission Relay (FIG.26)

GH009 : 16-way Sumitomo (B) - Brings Ignition Power to the Transmission Relay (FIG.26)

GH009 next screen - Brings Ignition Power to the Transmission Relay (FIG.26)

LB291-86 Pin 86 : Female (W/R) - Ignition Power to EMS Power Relay (FIG.25)

LB291: Relay (W) - EMS Power Relay (FIG.25)

LB212-1 Pin 1 : Female (W/P) - Power from Fuse 7 on Right Fuse Panel to Inertia Switch (FIG.2)

LB212 : 3-way Econoseal III - Power from Fuse 7 on Right Fuse Panel to Inertia Switch (FIG.2)

PF007-2 Pin 2 : Male (W) - EMS Power Relay ; Transmission Relay

PF007 : Individual Fuse (O) - - EMS Power Relay ; Transmission Relay

No power to Circuit - Select PASSENGER FUSEBOX FUSE 7 from POWERFEEDS menu to continue diagnosis

I don’t have all the cables with this PDU, but I suspect I can at least start troubleshooting with a multimeter…

Very cool you’ve got PDU. What happened to the other diagnostic Ford system you have/had?

I cannot help with the PDU as I have not seen one in person, the only lister that I know who has one in working condition is Dave (540itouring).

Look him up. He is very clued-up and might be able to help.

That Ford Diagnostic System, the FDS2000 is now a PDU. I swapped the software.

False Alarm.

I did not reattach the throttle cable…or the OBD2 connector was coming loose.

Either way, sensors have been reoriented!

Nice easy fix :)…

Does reorienting sensors have the same meaning as adapting? I have a number of post on this topic with regards to the 6.0L V12. The ECU for the latter does not seem to keep the adapted fuel trims upon battery disconnect and all has to be “relearned” when certain preconditions are met – is this what is happening with the AJ16 when your are doing the PDU tests?

No way, The AJ16 hangs on to the adaptations like a pit bull. No duration of power loss gets the AJ16 to forget fuel trims. I have used the PDU to successfully reset my trims. Reorienting oxygen sensors has no effect on trims.

The oxygen sensor orientation simply makes sure the 4 sensors the car has are all plugged in properly. Since all 4 sensors are identical, it’s possibly to connect them incorrectly, I suppose.

Your car is OBD2, thus you have two sensors for fueling and two for monitoring the cat. converters. You are not saying that it is possible to mistakenly connect the sensors downstream from the converters to the engine ECU and try to run this way, are you?

No, but you can mistakenly connect upstream oxygen sensor 1 to the bank 2 plug. Both would be upstream.

I don’t think you can possibly extend the connector far enough to mixup an upstream sensor/plug with a downstream plug/sensor.

In any case, I haven’t touched the sensors in a while, I just wanted to run the test for the hell of it. I was already there for the TPS sensor reset.

I’d be very interested in seeing your system and possibly testing it on my v12. You have one bank and two sensors for fueling, while I have two banks that work more or less independent of each other.
I don’t think my engine will run if somehow the two signals are crossed, AFAIK, the ECU defaults to open loop if lambda-sensors are not behaving as they should.

Amazing what you’ve gone through to import the beast from UK and make it work, I envy you.