Persistent low brake pad warning

Fellow enthusiasts,

I am in need of advice regarding low brake pad warning on my 89 Daimler 3.6. Have done the following:

1. Replaced all brake pads with sensors - result - no change.
  2. Tested, with a multimeter, the pads at the plugs under the bonnet (hood) and in the boot (trunk. Result - closed circuit - correct.
  3. " " " for short to earth. Result - no short to earth - correct.
    4." " the plugs which lead to the management system of the car, for short to earth. Result - short to earth one - the RH rear wheel plug.

The plug concerned connects to the right hand rear wheel, and is a multi plug which once served the self leveling system. That system is removed. The two wires concerned with the low pad warning, which travel to the front of the car are brown and black. It is the black wire which shorts to earth.
My problem is that I do not have a circuit diagram (schematic) to find the wires where they presumably exit under the dash.
Has anyone had this experience, or does anyone know where and how the wires from the back exit at the front?

Regards,
Peter parsons, Cornwall UK Daimler 1989 3.6

Peter,

Not sure I have followed your fault finding correctly but here are some thoughts which may help.

The brake pad wear circuit is wired in series from pin 2 (Orange/brown wire) on the 36-way black connector on the instrument panel through the right front/right rear/ left rear/left front pads in sequence back to that same connector on the instrument panel at pin 3 (Orange/slate wire).

You think that the problem is with the wiring to/from the right rear pad which has two black wires at the pad itself leading to pins 8 and 9 of that eight-way black connector in the right front corner of the trunk.
From pin 9 of that connector an Orange/green wire runs forward to pin 2 of a two-way black connector on the right front inner wing in the engine bay (and hence to the right front brake pad).
From pin 8 of the eight-way black connector in the trunk an Orange/brown wire runs all the way forward to pin 16 of the 24-way Yellow connector on the right ‘A’ post under the dash (and from there another Orange/brown wire crosses the car to join the circuit for the left side brake pads)

Does that help?