Pete Petersen's OTS for sale on BAT

As I recall, he claimed it was Poiple.

2 Likes

And the thing tweeted, for cryinā€™ out loud. An E-type should not tweet. Leak, sputter, fart, clang and bang most assuredly, but definitely not tweet. Amazing he got what he got.

2 Likes

I hope Iā€™m wrong, but my guess is $43K. Iā€™ve seen quite a few apparent bargains on BATā€¦

-David

In the case of a car with Power steering and A/C they came with only a bottom timing pointer.
I wish I had a side pointer, it takes long arms to read the strobe and carefully reach up and turn the dizzy.

Poiple, of courseā€¦ I think LLynn just made a typo.
LLoyd

2 Likes

grab yr extra large makeup mirror from the man-bag, chuck it down on the floor, and bobs yr uncle

Should be arriving here today. It should have been yesterday, but the transporter got delayed on the way from Hamburg.

Iā€™ll try and give an eyewitless report later.

1 Like

I couldnā€™t spell it-seriously
Cheers,
LLynn

Yes-andā€¦ put a bigly mark on the amount of advance you are adjusting for, and bigly mark on the pointer as well. Make sure itā€™s ā€œyugeā€ so you donā€™t have to squint to see the numbers.
LLoyd

got different colored nail polish to mark the various pointsā€¦dont think the chick in the chemist believed my stated reason when i rummaged in their sale bin for yellow, orange, redā€¦black is handy for many repairs

Nick and I have a little side bet on the overall health of the E-Type market, actually ending on the September Hagerty estimates.

Nick, no insects or snakes, no cucumbers, no melons, no eggplant, no sweet potatoes. Thatā€™s about it! Not a wine expert, Iā€™ll depend on your judgement. Trip date TBD ā€“ assuming I win the bet! Iā€™ll bring some Pliny the Elder in any case.

Jerry

Iā€™m with Abe on this one. Itā€™s an OTS. Iā€™ll say $69-$79K just to have a small difference.

ā€“Drew

Tweety on the very first Oil Leak back in 2011.
Cheers,
LLynn

1 Like

Car is at $39K with a little over an hour to goā€¦someone is going steal this car if it meets reserve.
abe

Sold for $46,250 . I have to keep this information away from my wife or she will kill me if she knew how much my car was really worth after spending so much money on it!!
abe

Looks like David was the closest, sure will miss Pete.
Cheers,
Lynn

1 Like

Somebody got a good deal. Letā€™s hope he keeps it for awhile and enjoys it as much as the previous owner.

2 Likes

yes, that car has a real pedigree, hopefully the new owner becomes aware of it

1 Like

That was an extraordinarily good deal. A sorted series 2 OTS for less than $50K. Wow.

I never knew Pete and am sad to have missed him. He sure had a lot of friends here.

ā€“Drew

Tweetie arrived Thursday.

By the look of it a forklift was involved at some point in the shipping/loading: The outer flex on the exhaust is torn and mostly missing, and there are fresh scars at about forklift fork distance on the bottom.

Other than that, a flat battery, a bit of a leak where the pump wiring enters the top plate on the fuel tank, and some other stuff to do to pass the MOT here.

And yes, it is indeed Poiple. And the white Naugahide covering the roll cage is well done (hand sewn, like a saddle maker would have done it), but not to everyoneā€™s taste.