Picture of boot release cable routing

Doe someone have a pic of the correct route of the boot lid release cable through the boot of a S1 OTS? Will replace mine as soon as I receive it from SNGB

I am new here, and don’t know a lot about my car, but am happy to show you how mine is routed. I removed the black plywood spare tire cover, obviously. And can’t give you reasonable details with just one picture, so I hope this isn’t too much detail

When if first comes into the boot area, (pic 1) it runs along the bottom of the interior boot wall, and then next to the plywood, until it drops through a small oblong whole, right below the access opening for the gas pump. After that (pic 2), it just hangs there until it wraps around a rubber tube (which I had previously never noticed, appears to be a drain tube for the channel that catches water that runs in around the boot lid, preventing water from getting into the boot). Pic 3 shows that it wraps around that drain tube tight up under that metal flange, and then just hangs there on it’s way to the latch. I include a close-up of the latch in case it helps see how that connection looks.

There is a small rusty clip attached to that flange halfway between the drain tube and the boot release which my cable touches, but is not really supported by it.

Hope this helps.

Ed,
Thank you so much! That’s perfect. Shows me every thing I need. And I may have seen one of those clips, new, in a bag of unused upholstery clips the other day. Was wondering what a circular clip might be used for. BTW, is that color Opalescent Dark Green?
And welcome to the forum!

Larry

I should have looked a little closer last night. That slightly-rusty clip in picture 3 absolutely is for that cable. I pulled back the tab on the clip a little, and the cable snapped right in. Now my car is a little better off, so, thank you!

My car is British Racing Green, the original color (confirmed by the Heritage Certificate). Based on the condition of the overall paint job, I don’t think it’s been repainted. The outside color and aging are very consistent with painted surfaces in the engine compartment, boot, fuse box area, etc. ‘Patina’ as they say.

I need to fill out my profile, it’s been a blast to drive for 6 years since I found it. Definitely a driver.

I probably do more tinkering than driving over the years. But it’s always a blast to drive. Visually mine’s a driver, but all the mechanical has been done years ago. Next winter I’ll go back and see what I can do to clean up the fit and finish a bit better

Hi All,

Does anyone have a spare cable clip, as shown in picture #3? I contact SNG and they are NLA.
I can pay as needed.
Thank you, Bob

This one?

Boot Cable Clip

Hello Craig,

Yes. Thank you,
Bob