Pictures of 77 RW

I do not, but what the close-ups look like is what Tweety had.

It never occurred to me to obsess over the dot pattern…

When you don’t have a life, and have Haddock and Mueller as bed-time reading, that is what happens :smiley: The repro horn buttons and choke knobs are more egregious than the gauge panels, as they do look cheap and tacky IMO compared to the originals…

2 Likes

It’s my favorite too :wink:

2 Likes

Isn’t it amazing that a car that drew its first crowds in 1961 is still drawing crowds in 2021…70 years of attention.

1 Like

…slacker.

1 Like

1 Like

At a car show in 1979, someone told me that the dot pattern in my '64 OTS was wrong. I restored the car in 1974 and never touched that… where would I have gotten repop console parts in '74?

Idiot.

1 Like

I’m not surprised. There is always a crowd waiting to glimpse the Hope Diamond in the Smithsonian and the Mona Lisa in the Louvre. Quality and beauty are timeless.

1 Like

The problem with copyrighted photos really arises when money gets involved. If someone owns a photo and assumes they will lose money by it being used without permission there’s trouble. A copyrighted photo used without a remote hint of generating revenue or loss to the photographer could cause a complaint about its use but not likely anything more. E.g. you have a magazine photo of a car you show to your friends, you’re using the photo but no money can be attributed to that activity.
pauls

I guess that must have been me :smiley: All cars built after July 1963 had black vinyl trimmed gauge panels - Spare Parts Bulletin P.95 (starting at LHD OTS 879803)

Hi

Sure, maybe the chassis number could confirm that. I would not be surprised that a ”’64 OTS” would have been built in July 1963.

My 1st car, #1E76372BW was completed on July 14th 1966, yet it was registered (in 1966 in MD) as a “67”.

Cheers!

I did not know the vinyl dash came in that early…thanks!

Agreed. That is why the first-titled-year can be a poor indication of when a car was actually built. The only really meaningful number is the car/chassis number. That said, I’d be surprised if any car titled as a '64 would have the dot pattern gauge panel, as it was replaced by cross-hatch pattern in October 1962 (SPB P.71).

Tweety was a Nov. '62 build date, and had the dot pattern…?

According to the SPB P.71 the chassis/car # changeover to cross-hatch pattern took place at 887132 (LHD FHC) and 878302 (LHD OTS). Clausager gives a Oct 1962 date, and the SPB is dated Nov 1962. Sounds like Tweety must have been one of the last FHCs with the original dot pattern.

Pretty close! 886845…!

Classic Jaguar Magazine has a 60th anniversary edition that has some good pics…

1 Like