Plastic Pipeing in Engine Bay

Our 2016 Jaguar XJL was in for service and my mechanic let me know that after the 2014 year the metal thermostat -top , crossover tube - hose was changed to plastic and they do split at the seams over time , losing coolant . The upgraded plastic part is covered by warranty with an upgraded part and for me to get it changed while the warranty is still current . Which I plan to do . A quick check of the coolant resovoire when cold will show below normal level , if there is a problem . He mentioned after warranty the fix costs around $2500! at the dealers .
Just a heads up for others with the 2015 and up cars .
Kim R .

Hi Kim,
I purchased a 2017 XJ with the 3.0 V6 in Feb of 2018. How do I know if my vehicle has the questionable thermostat crossover tube? It went in for annual service in April 2019 and nothing was said to me about any recalls or problems with the coolant system. I have received no recall notices in the post?
David in Houston, TX

David,
There are no recalls on the crossover pipe. But when they leak at the seams , and my mechanic said they will , your dealer will replace it , if the car still has warranty at no cost to you .
The pipe was previously made of metal up to 2014 , then they switched to plastic .
Keep an eye on your coolant level best bet .
Kim R.

I have a 2012 XJL 60,000 pampered miles. I smelled that familiar smell when your engine overheats. I checked my reservoir and it was down about half quart. Next day took it to dealer and got a shockaroo. They told me the same story about the split pipes, etc.
2,800.00 to replace everything. Should have been a recall. Either the same problem is with the earlier models or the dealer lied.

Raymond ,
Our 2016 XJL Portfolio V6 Supercharged AWD runs out of warranty on the 29th of this month . Plan to be in the dealership before that and am told if any split pipes as per yours it will be covered by warranty !!!
The earlier cars had pipes made of metal . I asked if I have a problem can the earlier metal pipes be used as a replacement . Was told they are no longer made !!!
As you say , this should have been a recall !.
Kim R.