Posting Pictures-do you need to be at a certain 'trust level'?

I have tried to post pix at the request of some members, and cannot do so. Any special tricks involved?

I don’t think so but you’re at member level. Did you try dragging the file icon into the composition window? It should be a simple drag and drop operation. Then hit enter and drop the next one below it. You’ll see a progress indicator as they upload.

I thought New Guys - Trust Level 0, which Ronald Isn’t, were limited to 1 picture they could attach to any single post. Otherwise, no limitations.

I made the attempt three times and cannot post and image, and get this message that says only members.

See if the following helps.

Put a picture on your desktop so that you see an icon for it like the below sample.

Screenshot 2022-12-14 144432

Drag that picture to the post you are creating as shown in the picture below:

Click on reply. Your post with picture should show up.

That’s very odd. And either way, you are at trust level 2 (“member”), so any limitations shouldn’t apply to you.

Any chance you can capture a screenshot of the error you’re seeing, and email it to me? I’ll PM you my email address.

PS. Moving this thread to Site Feedback, as that’s where it belongs.

Screenshot does not pop up. Am I doing something wrong?

No, but you need to create the screenshot yourself, when you have the error message on screen.

Here’s how to do it in Windows:

And on the Mac:

I think I have found the problem, and it has to do with Yahoo and the fact that I changed my email address some time back and the other old one comes on, and I don’t respond to that one. A real mess, and I tried to contact Yahoo and try to straighten this out with no luck at all. Funny that I am getting these emails on the new address.

I am going to try something, and see if anyone gets the image. Sorry for all this fuss, but I do want to post pix.

I think I have found the problem, and it has to do with Yahoo and the fact that I changed my email address some time back and the other old one comes on, and I don’t respond to that one. A real mess, and I tried to contact Yahoo and try to straighten this out with no luck at all. Funny that I am getting these emails on the new address.

That worked!

Thanks for all the help. I have it nailed and will now post pix all the time and drive everyone nuts. (just kidding)!

2 Likes