Powder coating the covers

is powder coating an option for the cam covers off 1985 v12 or is cast alloy not suitable?

Nope: if you can source a shop that can do aluminium, it is very doable.

1 Like

Question is, what color? Silver, or red?

had mine done on a e type series 2 and they looked great until I decided to remove it and polish them

1 Like

I was thinking yellow

Whatever color you want - it’s your car. I did mine black. If your PP shop is so inclined, they can carefully “wipe” off the ridges before baking, then you can finish the job with some wet or dry sandpaper and a sanding block, giving some nice contrast between the color and the bare aluminum ribs.

http://www.goflyrc.com/projects/XJS/P9120019.JPG

1 Like

A local firm offers a coating that looks like freshly blasted raw alluminum but stays that way.

You might check around for options.

1 Like

all done back from the powder coaters, newly designed decals arrived from the printers, all systems go

2 Likes

Man… it´s your car, and you can of course do whatever you want… but…

Have your really thought through the yellow cover thing?

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Bob, your engine compartment is AMAZING. Great job!

1 Like

Nice artwork. Being a Jaguar, I thought you’d put CAT logos on. Where does the excavator bucket go? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i just want to give everything that bolts on top of these a higher definition there’s only about 6" shown of these covers when its all back together, as you know and jag engine of this era (1984) were so dowdy, imo,

Yellow looks great. Well done. :+1:

1 Like

True: the V12, as delivered, was…well, dowdy!

1 Like

Blade on the bow, bucket astern.

Along with ROP!!

Carl

1 Like

Thank you! It’s been about 10 yrs but it’s still pretty solid. Put on new tires this morning (it was time) and drive from Phx to Palm Springs. Great day, got to drive 85mph for long stretches, car working great.

Bob Brackney
www.GoFlyRc.com

1 Like

I like the yellow! Different for sure!

Bob Brackney
www.GoFlyRc.com

1 Like

just waiting for the other parts from the powder coaters, personally I like the effect of colour under the hood 1st pic 25 years ago…

2017…

3 Likes