Power loss 97XJ6R

I would start on craiglist, or breakers yards. I picked up a XJ6 ECU for $15.00 worked great! The part numbers DO have to match.

Thanks Mark I’ll look around; Jag wants $6410.25 for this or about twice what the car is worth, at this price I would expect it to at outlast the power train. The Lucas pn is LNB 1410 DB/4-- to which Jaguar added a label with the no. LNB 1410 DB/401 followed by a body no. and a date. Does this imply that the item is coded to a specific car and any LNB 1410 DB/4 can be programmed to suite?

On E-Bay several used ‘95 thru’ '97 #1410 items available but none exactly match.
Griff

Hi Richard,
WOW! $6,410.25 - That’s insane!
The determination are based on VIN, Supercharged or not, geographic location, and ultimately emissions. the important part number is LNB1410DB which falls under the catagory of emissions A what ever that means.
A good resource, sorry I didn’t mention this sooner, is David at everydayXJ.com shoot him and email, he’s a wealth of knowledge, and if he doesn’t have it, he will point you to a location to pick one up. David is located in the US; Are you located in the US?
https://www.jaguarclassicparts.com/uk/jaguar-xj-x300-parts/engine-management-emission-systems/engine-management-control-module/electronic-control-module-4-0-litre-supercharged

I’m assuming the dealer part is a re-manufactured unit

Thanks Mark, I have submitted a request to those contacts. Also found an
east coast here in the US that looks promising for a repair.
Richard

Back to buggering on with the ECM issue. Got a result using a unit from a 96 model from a breakers yard. Car now fine on the highway but missing at idle especially when cold. Takes about 15 minutes running before calming down but still noticeable at stop signs and the like idling with foot on the brake in gear.
Thinking about changing the coolant and inlet air temp sensors although my original ECM ram great with the original parts. ECM I have now is one letter different from the original but from same emission market area so assumed to be compatible.

Can see the coolant temp sensor on the thermo hsg. but don’t have a clue where the inlet air temp is, can anybody tell me.
Griff