Power steering leak hose connections

1983 XJS-HE. I have noticed that PS fluid builds up around the hose connections where they enter the pinion housing. It is as if fluid is weeping out along the threads of the connection fittings, but not between the tubing and the fitting. Fluid loss is minuscule but annoying - only two or three drops hit the floor per day.

Also, there doesn’t appear to be any fluid coming from the top of the housing, although it is probably time to renew the pinion seal.

Question: Are there any seals within the hose connections that also need replacement? I have heard reference to o-rings, ‘crush’ seals,…!

Hi,
The only seal is an o ring on the high pressure hose that gos to the pump
the rest are standard pipe fittings i.e metal to metal.

you can try tightening them but you probably need to replace.

Simon

Thanks Simon.

Is the high pressure hose o-ring at the pump end or at the pinion housing end?

cheers
David

Pump end
btw LHD or RHD
I just changed mine on LHD, its a pig, but posible

It’s RHD. Access to connections is both visible and easy, as is removing the assembly as a whole.
Other advice suggests that the flare on the high pressure tube joint may have cracked. It’s not obvious why this would happen all of a sudden. I suspected the rack assembly may be moving due to dodgy bushes causing stress on the pipes, but a test shows that the rack is rock solid. If the flare is not cracked, I’ll apply some sealant on the connection thread and see what happens. Thanks again.