PPG Paint Code - Cream

That was the era in which I learned to paint, and used that system.

Wimbledon white was a real popular color on Ford products at one time.
other problem you encounter is there are numerous formulas for it from the same brand using the same materials for the time frame.

One advantage to Wimbledon White is that last I looked you could buy spray bombs at the local auto parts store for doing miscellaneous clips, fasteners, etc. I really like it on my Healey; it has that soft, creamy look that looks just right for 50s and 60s cars.

1 Like

As mentioned, I chose to have my car painted with acrylic lacquer in 1986 for its extremely high luster, and the ability to touch up/remove rock chips in minutes before a concours. The added benefit is, I can still use lacquer to paint my car in my garage wearing a simple painter’s mask and filters available and safe to use today. (This is before respirators were required for more modern two-part paints.)

Note, I’m not a professional painter, but lacquer is so darn easy, and you can do spot touch-ups, in lieu of having to paint full panels. And matching paint is still available.

Art, ordered a pint of PPG 8894 today, same, after seeing the MK2. Will post in a couple of days how it matches up with my car. Ordered in single stage urethane.

Best I could do so far. Nason (Dupont) (Wimbledon White) on the left, PPG 8894 on the right. Both single stage urethane. PPG just slightly less creamy when compared to ares of my car that are original paint still, (Behind the dash), but very close. Creamy compared to white cardboard background.

That answers my questions Frank. I’ll go with the PPG 8894. Thanks for the excellent comparison!

Art