Pray for your Friend Ray Livingstone's house and shop

I hadn’t realized the number of members in that area. I had reached out to Ray before I even knew there was a fire. As with everyone else, very glad that Ray’s house was spared and hope that our other members will be as well.

1 Like

Just saw a video drive by of the front of our house. It looks completely untouched! My BMW is still sitting in the driveway where I left it, ready to go.

5 Likes

Man… I cannot imagine your feelings, atm.

Well, look on the bright side: there may be some right-priced property for sale, with absolutely no fuel left to burn.

:confused:

1 Like

I am so sorry for those of ;you in fire zones. That is scary and frightening and unpleasant to say the least. My prayers are with you.

same situation here in places. chaos, bs, people losing everything while neigbours unscathed. we are thousands of miles north in another climate zone - cool rainforest. we are used to fighting fires and spend tons of money. had to bring our crews and planes back from other countries.

1 Like

ray, one more thing to be grateful for…
LLoyd

Society has discovered discrimination as the great social weapon by which one may kill men without any bloodshed.
Hannah Arendt

Update:
Dave Langleys home has just been put into the “yellow” zone.
That means get ready to start thinking about looking up “evacuate” in the dictionary, and think about what you would pack to move".
However… the data which initiated this shows that the fire line in question has not moved in the past 30 hours, plus Dave just said the prevailing wind is blowing toward the fire line from here.
That should prove to us all that this whole fire thing is a big hoax, invented just to make us look bad.
I am across the road from him (Laureles Grade) and (I just measured) approximately one mile as the sparks fl… ummmm, that is, approximately one mile as the crow flies. So obviously, I’m absolutely safe. One of my neighbors is loading his trailer with furniture. I made sure the battery is up on the PrytyKty (Jag). Oh… this side of the road is not in the “yellow”.
Arlene and I just got back from driving out to the Pacific Grove coast, where the air is clear and we took about a 20 minute brisk walk.
I’m not sure if the list knows, but Ray just saw a video showing his BMW is still safely sitting in his driveway.
LLoyd

Society has discovered discrimination as the great social weapon by which one may kill men without any bloodshed.
Hannah Arendt

2 Likes

Just saw some footage from the fires, as always it looks horrendous with homes levelled to the ground and owners talking about getting out without shoes on their feet.

Best wish to Ray, family and all others affected.

Indeed, best wishes from the UK to you all. I can’t even imagine the horror of it all.

Yeah, it’ll all be over come fall :confounded:

1 Like

OMG, this strikes home! I’m in So CA so we just see the horror on the news but stupidly wasn’t even thinking about our buddies up north. Pray the weather cools and the firefighters can get some fires under control. They’re spread so thin with 25+ fires that many fires are not getting much attention, last I heard 500 structures burned. Feel helpless just like I did when Australia was having the horror a year or so ago. We need a change in weather.
pauls

2 Likes

There. FIFY…:confused:

In a previous thread you said to take politics to the Pub, but not here. What’s different?

https://forums.jag-lovers.com/t/lets-build-a-1967-e-type-together/371398/2993

Wheres the politics?

1 Like

Indeed: Ive been feeling the same helplessness.

This is such a terrible meeting of so many negative externalities, resulting in just about the worst-case scenario Ive ever seen.

To that point: last few days there’s been no blue sky: just ashen gray.

I am, at once, grateful for those whose property escaped damage, and heartbroken for those who did not.

It’s just about as dry here, and in the past few weeks, Ive cleared most of the dead grasses from near my structures, and I don’t even DARE to burn my burn barrel.

I’ve also laid a line of soaker hoses around the base of the house, so in the eventuality of an approaching prairie fire, I can turn it all on from a single faucet.

It’s not much, but it may be enough.

1 Like

I could be wrong, but I thought it started with Soothsayer’s comment above that the fires are a hoax and Larry’s response.

2 Likes

Yeah, it got the better of me

1 Like

We have just booked a house on AirBnB for a week, in Pleasant Hill. We don’t expect to be able to return home for at least 1-2 weeks, and are told we will not have power for at least a month, likely longer. This house was cheaper than even a room at Motel 6, and 100x nicer.

2 Likes