Pre 88 ABS swap

I am researching how to convert a 89 or newer ABS to Pre-89 non-ABS.

Looks pretty straight forward. A Master Cylinder, Vacuum booster, and Mitsibishi reservoir are easily available new.

But the older XJS pedal assembly- finding one seems quite rare. I don’t see any on ebay, and how often does an old XJS show up at picknpull? Do the XJ6 ones work? Or any other model?

Also, why steel brake lines? Wouldn’t it be smarter to use aluminum brake lines so they never rust?

Thanks

On the Ali brake lines, I don’t think you would get the tensile strength needed.

The XJ6 pedal box will NOT work. You probably should ask here if anyone has one from a parts car that you can buy from them.

IIRC, there’s a law requiring brake lines to be steel. Aluminum and copper are banned in the US, I think.

thanks. And no, my Volvos all have aluminum brake lines. They are 21 years old and all still original, no rust whatsover.

And I see NAPA sells aluminum brake lines too.

Are you sure they’re aluminum and not aluminized steel lines my bet they’re aluminized steel

A magnet will settle this.

Hmmm, good point, they may be aluminized steel. I will try a magnet this weekend.