Pre HE injector servicing

I think my injectors need overhauling. The car had been sat a long while and perhaps water got into the system, who knows. I bought the car having been woken up from a long rest and its running on about 10 cylinders . No real effect from pulling the electrics off a couple of injectors so I think they are blocked. Question is, has anyone done this themselves and if so is it possible to buy the kits any more for the early D Jetronic Lucas/Bosch systems? Thanks for any advice as always

I used David Faircloth to service mine. Jaguarfuelinjectorservice.com
I was very happy with service

1 Like

I used David Faircloth as well, a couple of years back. He cleaned and matched injectors and rebuilt the fuel rail. Also had all the supply and return lines done. Worked out well. He’s a great guy and knows his stuff.

thank you Guys. I have read his website with great interest and been in contact with him. I am in the UK, but I guess its not a problem to send them to the US, unless anyone can recommend a UK service agency.

I did it myself, but I have an injector cleaner. You’ll need to get replacement o-rings and pintle caps from a source that supplies d-jet parts. I also had to make an adapter for the injector machine as the plugs are designed for the newer style injectors. It’s kind of a messy job as the machine’s fuel rail is designed for o-rings and not the rubber house. That said, if you clamp down really hard, it will sweat a little bit but still work.

FYI, the XJS injectors for the pre HE cars are the Bosch green injectors used on the Mercedes Benz W114 250CE and 280CE models.

Thanks

1 Like

Sorry, just got this last post. I need to check my alerts settings. Planning on sending to David Faircloth thanks again.