Progress update

Finished all I could before the deadline for the trim shop. car was picked up on Friday. My body guy will fit the window frames and door glass first as I could get the doors to close when I tried. Then the trimmers will get to work. Once I get it home I can fit the exhaust and start the 1000 item punch list. I am looking forward to the getting the car running and setting the suspension. I hope to take it to the XK 70 celebrations next year.

Best regards
Phil D

that is some trailer!
the XK is nice as well!

The black wire wheels look a treat.
What colour interior are you using?
Regards, Jordy.

I am 99% sure I’m going with red interior.

TAN
if you could get the correct Connolly hide

Stunning. So straight. Black suits perfectly. You are at least a year ahead of me on my '54 restoration. I haven’t decided paint just yet.

Not a suggestion but an observation, since you’re debating interior colour. The auction record E-type was black over black.

Hmmm I did consider Tan. im just concerned at trying to keep that colour clean. it will show every mark.

What about Cinnamon? It hides dirt a bit better. It looks a bit bright pumpkin before you install it, but the orange tones down a bit when it is installed.

That pic is after I resprayed the leather with colourmatched paint from a sample off an unexposed bit of leather. The Jaguar name for this colour was (in 1968) “light tan” but woolies and some of the other suppliers call it “Cinnamon”.

Cinnamon would work with black carpet and tan wool headlining.

1950’s Jaguar “TAN” is a relatively dark brown and does not show much dirt.!
Original Tan and biscuit shown. Tan is the dark one…

DSC_0167|640x425DSC_0167

How about dark red? I know that’s a classic Mercedes combination so maybe it’s heresy to suggest it. I have a friend with a black 300SL and it looks stunning with a tartan red interior.

Anyone for grey? Boy, its easy to pick colors for somebody else’s car. :laughing:

+1 on the black wheels. I’ll be going down that path with my Mk2. Are they painted or powder coated?

Tom

Thanks Tom. I bought the wheels from MWS who offer the painted finish as an option. Their website states…

"The MWS wire wheels are primer coated using Cathodic Electrophoretic technology. This increases the corrosion resistance to very high levels. A topcoat of silver ash or black follows this.

The paint system provides salt spray resistance of 840 Hrs when tested and evaluated on panels as per ASTM B117.

With best regards
Philip Dobson