Proper Air Conditioning Pressure Switch?

Hi All,

Haven’t been on in awhile but I’m in need of the brain trust’s knowledge.

Trying to get my AC system running due to a leaky switch. I ordered one that was supposed to be correct. The part number I received is LNA7655BA but it only has two wires whereas the old one has 4 wires and a part number of LNA7657AB.

Any idea why there are two part numbers for the same type of part for the same type of car, XJ6 1995 - 1997. Mine is a 1997 so maybe there was a part switch? (no pun intended)

Just trying to get it figured out or to see if there is some sort of work around.

I looked up the part on Jagbits and this is a cut and paste from their site:

PRESSURE SWITCH AIR CONDITIONING FITS 1995-1997 XJ6, NO LONGER AVAILABLE, USE MNA7362AE-X AC HOSE WHICH ELIMINATES THIS SWITCH (LNA7655BA)

Has anyone tried this work around? Is it viable or should I keep trying to locate the proper switch?

Thanks for your help!

Your dilemma might be related to a factory TSB which called for different pressure switches to modify the function of the electric cooling fans.

I’ve long forgotten the details but an archives search will probably reveal the info. Try “Pressure Switch Fan TSB” as search words

Cheers
DD

14-02 Air Conditioning Pressure Switches.pdf (26.5 KB)
14-06 Cooling System Fan Fuse Failure.pdf (39.5 KB)
AC System Self-Test.pdf (846.7 KB)

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Doug!

I knew that you would point me in the right direction and it looks like motorcarman has some links I’ll check out.

I’ll let you know what I find out.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the links my friend! I’ll check them out and let you know what I found out