Proposed changes to California smog check requirements 1976 - 1982 cars

Have to say, some of these electric cars are FAST, and no need for a transmission, I’d love to try one some day.

But I’ll always love the sound of a gasoline engine.

I have pondered buying a Tesla Model 3. Reasonable price, and the cost of electricity is 1/10 the cost of gas. But I’d actually have to test drive one first; I’m not going to buy one sight unseen.

1 Like

One of my best friends is on his second Tesla; traded in his first for the faster model. He loves the cars and there’s nothing in town that can run with it, but he does admit that it goes through tires. It’s fast and it’s very heavy.

IIRC, the original Tesla Model S is around 5000 pounds.

Who will be the first here to convert an XJS to electric?

1 kWH electricity the same energy as 1 gallon gasoline?

1 KWh of electricity is about 12 cents, I think. Whatever, a Tesla will go roughly 200 miles on a charge and costs about $2 to recharge – unless you use a Tesla charging station, in which case it’s free.

This is off-topic and I apologize for the interjection.
AFAIK, the battery capacity (Model S) is between 60-90 kWh, which at the going rate for consumer electricity will mean a recharge from fully depleted to fully charged state will be ca. $10 or more.
Earlier posts in this thread have already covered the subject where the electricity comes from…