[PURCHASED] Wanted Overdrive Accumulator Piston

(Include at least one picture)

Description:

Looking for a good used accumulator piston for a type A compact overdrive. The part number is 10840. Moss motors calls this overdrive a type G. This is a no longer available part.
I was trying to convert to a 4 speed overdrive, but my be just a 4 speed if I can’t find a piston.

Asking price (if selling):

Contact information: Private message

Cost of shipping (if selling):

Willing to ship worldwide?

Please always be careful before sending money or valuables to someone you don’t know. Use an escrow service if you’re not 100% certain of the identity and integrity of the person you’re dealing with.

By using this service you agree to resolve any and all disputes with the other party directly, and to indemnify and hold Jag-lovers harmless from any claims, losses, liability, or expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that arise from your use of Jag-lovers and this service.

@Robert_Laughton…got any?

Overdrive Repair Services in the UK should have them, they just sorted me out with some parts not on their website. Richard was the bloke there.

Shipping took 5 days including a weekend.

No affiliation.

Matt

Of your in the states
Quantum mechanics in ct has them along with lkevin Kay restorations in California tell them both Gtjoey sent you
It’s the same as Aston overdrive

1 Like

Thank you! I got one ordered

Xo
Glad you found it
Gtjoey13-4

Bummer its the wrong piston again. Still looking…

You have a jag unit, correct?
Did you get this piston from KKR or Quantum?
If they both were wrong…Call Dave Welsh at WELSH Jag he has them as well, used for the most part, he might have a stash new.
The jag overdrive unit was different but the plunger should really be the same…Aston overdrive is a HUGE unit…
Tell Dave GTJoey said to call.
good luck
gtjoey1314

Yes I have Jag unit. Type G compact overdrive. The pistonis differentthan the type A. I may put a delrin plug in the piston bore and run it as a std 4 speed and forget about the overdrive for now. Attached is the original piston on right with type A on left.

Call Dave tomorrow, who did you get the wrong one from?
PM me if you want his private cell, as long as everyone behaves :slight_smile:

It was Quantum Mechanics.

Johnny Vietnam is alright call him back and see if he has the other size, He bought a warehouse of parts in the early 1970’s all bl nos when they went bust.
If not try dave…
good luck
gtjoey1314
I just left Johnny a message call him tomorrow he should be in his wife has been ill

Cant you find a local machinist to make one? It looks fairly straightforward.

That’s crossed my mind. I may go 5 speed conversion instead of the ancient overdrive unit. It’s not as appealing to me as it was before. I’m in no rush now since it’s winter time here.

This is the item, machining one possible of course, but the rings (4) are the prob.
This one is in France, another prob !

I bet somewhere, some small motorcycle has used similar-sized rings.

I think I will have my replacement machined to the correct depth and hope it holds up. If not I’ll have no overdrive until I swap to a T-5 5 speed transmission.

Probably motor cycle or chain saw.

I bet somewhere, some small motorcycle has used similar-sized rings.

1 Like

In a lot of ways, I prefer a well-fettled OD to a 5th cog: easier to shift–if on 3rd and 4th–while canyon carving, and it’s just a cool mechanism!

The thought has occurred to find a small one for the To er, but I’m past doing those kind of projects.

My O.D. I believe is just 4th.

I think I found a solution. I ordered a Accumulator spring for a Austin Healey 3000 overdrive. It is similar in size, but slightly shorter. I can add spacers if needed. I may put a sleeve inside the piston to take up the extra space around the spring. Hope this works, otherwise I’ll run it as a 4 speed transmission only and forget about the overdrive.

1 Like