Push Pull Switches

Hello Folks. Wasn’t sure exactly where to post this to get the most views. I’m working on my D Type replica and am curious if anyone knows where I could find push/pull knobs and the push button start switch that look like these? Certainly pre- E Type and pre 1955, but may not be from a Jag. I’ve done a lot of web searching, but can’t seem to find ‘labeled’ knobs that look like the ones pictured.

Your buttons look like older aircraft switches. A search on Google of “aircraft push to start buttons” gave a lot of possibilities. Check eBay as well.

1 Like

The Switch is a Lucas SP7 pull switch with the threaded end. The knobs are not going to be found, you will need to make those out of brass and then stamp the letters on the face.
The starter switch is also Lucas, but was originally and aircraft part. I’ll see if I can find a part number on mine, but it will be very difficult to source.

1 Like

Have a look at the JDC historic face book page. .free to join…im sure you will get answers there Jaguar Historic Replica and Specials Register (Jaguar Drivers' Club) | Facebook

1 Like

Here is my stash of pre 1955 switches and knobs.
I may have the red warning lamp too.

Mike 360-877-2301

1 Like

Thank you all. And I definitely appreciate access to the pre 55 switches. For my purposes, I can find some newer ones and weather them to look the part. I don’t want to take/buy original switches that someone can use on their original restoration.

1 Like