Questions for e type 69 ignition wiring

And converted the color code chart to a jpg.
pauls

69 coupe

I gotta say again. I’ve been messing with cars for 55 years and had my jag for about 9 years until I mothballed it in 81’ and just started reviving it 2 years ago. I never knew about this color code stuff! I even still have an Ohm gauge I have set up with clips and 15’ cords that I’ve use since I was young to try and trace wires.

I feel kinda dumb. Looking forward to the wiring now!!

Mark

Paul there is actually a Jaguar 2 page document (on blue print size paper) titled “Master Key to wiring diagrams” dated 18/11/1973 with changes dated up to 1/10/1975. The drawings are labeled part number BSK 5803 and are sub described to be "this chart is to BLMC standards. It was prepared by H. Kitchen and was checked by what looks like C. Bailey which may be Claud but not sure. There are 296 entries establishing the code numbers for devices and functions for the company. It includes fire/police/and military applications. It lists 15 primary colors and speaks to the reverse of color for tracers. If I can I will take it to a flat bed scanner in the near future.

When I removed those drawings there was another one —61189 "Standard Torque Values for industrial fasteners prepared for Jaguar Cars by Maxwell Laboratories in San Diego. Perhaps this one needs a copy also.

George, have never seen that document but if you scan it I suspect it will be most helpful to lots of folks here and I’ve seen lots of questions about torque values. I do tend to pay more attention to electrical issues and capture snippets here and there when I see them seeking more correct or comprehensive info, as you can probably tell from my other posts in this thread :slight_smile: I no longer even have the car so for me its just about helping others if possible.
pauls

34 posts were split to a new topic: 66 Ignition wiring