Questions regarding mid '54 120 FHC RHD

1. Rev counter drive cable. Does it have a yellow Smiths tag? or some corrogated tubing over?
  2. Did all XK120’s, including home delivered cars, have a ‘Made in England’ badge in front of the radiator.
  3. Does the Salibury diff have clamps for the handbrake and brake lines like the ENV appears to? Photos I have show no clamps on a Salibury. Correct?

Regards, Graham.

My tach cable has white plastic covering on it.
There should be (3) C3617 clips on the rear axle.
The Made In England tag was only on exports to the USA, to comply with one of our laws.

Graham,

This is my Smiths rev counter cable for an XK 140 FHC: it has indeed a yellow Smiths “sleeve”. Looks original but I cannot prove it.

Bob K.

Hi Bob.
Yes. I have one the same, with the yellow sleeve, however it also came from a 140.
I haven’t seen any photos showing it on a 120 but I have seen ones with a corrugated sleeve over it albeit these photos were of early 120’s. Late 120’s I am unclear.
Regards, Graham.

Graham,

Our “other Australian expert” in Jaguar XK 120 Explored describes that the original XK 120 cables were metal spiral with no plastic covering. Nothing about a yellow tag. No references found in Urs Schmid’s book nor in Porter’s version.
Hope this helps.

Bob K.

Thanks Gents. :+1: :+1: