Quick "Escutcheon" Question

I remember back when Jag called them that, but as the X-308 years came along I guess they decided to discontinue use of that term and just go with the American one of “cover”, where appropriate . ? :laughing:

Question is about that tiny button-like escutcheon/cover that conceals the head of the single screw located in the middle of the inside door handle (located in the “escutcheon plate” which in turn is located in the hole in the door panel, IIRC :smile: ). As Jag often does, it says in its factory repair literature that when working on the inside handle to simply “remove” this cover, but fails to say HOW (when the “how” is not quite apparent). :angry: That cover is fit so tightly inside its mounting hole I don’t see a way to remove it. There’s not enough room in the friction fit to slide the edge of even a very thin knife blade or screwdriver between them to do so. I’m almost tempted to use my hot glue gun and a tiny puller disc with my dent removal tool to try to pull it out of there …

I just use a very sharp pointed tool, it causes a small divot in the edge but thats just one of those things.

As Robin says - I have a set of these

F

Very handy … :+1: I’ve been also looking at HF since you guys have been posting stuff from there on J-Lers … They seem to have a great selection of tools, many at rock bottom prices. I’ve checked, and there is one less than 10 miles from me … Going to definitely pay them a visit next time I’m in that town … :smiley_cat: