Radiator Inquiry: Replacement Brand Recommendation? and, Single Pass Procedure?

Ah, so the “Embden” single-pass design proposes to locate a “Y” not “T” pipe toward the LH/Driver’s side to achieve equal lengths of A and B banks hoses.

Regards,
Richard Cielec
Greater Chicago Metro,U.S.A.

Thank you for the photographs and explanation.
Both informative and reassuring.
Question: I am told the Be Cool is approximatly 1/2 inch thicker than the stock radiator. Did the additional thickness of the Be Cool create any installation and fit issues ?

Regards,
Richard Cielec
Greater Chicago Metro, U.S.A.

The core was thicker but the overall header size was not thicker. No problem in fitting. I was running a manual transmission so if still an automatic, make sure you get the built in transmission cooler.

Equal length is irrelevant - especially when compared to the OEM configuration of two passes through the core for the B bank and only a single pass for the A bank.

My two cents worth. My radiator blew 12 hrs after buying the car. Same dilemma as your faceing. The one thing that my mechanic explained to me, and that I have realized after reading god how many forums from all over the world is… These cars minus a few minor faults is a damn good, reliable car as long as it is PROPERLY maintained. I chose to have the original radiator rebuilt but with larger rods. New hoses with filters on the top two , “just because, better safe than sorry " and anything to do with the cooling that may be on its way out, replaced,or repaired. Never even nears overheating since . Downtown congested traffic, or highway through the mountains at HIGH altitude. Another reason for original radiator, Value wise, stock, or at least what appears to be stock is best. Due to people buying these cars, doing " cost cutting” repairs, these cars are becoming rarer each and every day. Prices for GOOD examples are climbing steadily.

Got this months Jaguar World yesterday, if you plan on having a single pass radiator done you might try this outfit, NAR Fabrication,
WWW.nargroup.com they make costume radiators and could make a down flow.