Radiator xjr 1996

Hi, as we x306 owners are sadly aware, the engine radiator is no longer available. If there is one in captivity I haven’t found it yet. Apparently the difference is the transmission cooler section. Does anybody know the modifications ( if viable) to modify a normally aspirated radiator as a workaround?

No aftermarket ones out there?

From a quick google of the part number

http://www.motorcarsltd.com/jaguar-xjr-1996-cooling-system-radiator/

Hi Larry and thanks for the prompt reply. That site (which I didn’t know about, so thanks again) is out of stock. I understand that Jaguar no longer carry the part and big places like SNG Barratt don’t carry them either.

Thanks Charlie

Too bad!

Had a similar issue with the late XJ40 R134A condenser, only produced for about 10 months so pretty rare beast at the time I was hunting one down … I think I ordered it from about 4 different suppliers, all came back NLA and issued refunds… eventually devised a way to repair my corroded one - happily it still works several years later so I must have done something right!!

Congratulations, that wouldn’t have been an easy job. I hope to be able to find a way to adapt the trans cooler pipe fittings on a standard x300 radiator…which are available!

I’m not familiar with the setup on the XJR but would it be possible to use the plumbing from an X300 (that fits the rad) and fit the other ends to the XJR tranny with less trouble?

Just thinking out loud here :neutral_face:

Larry, yes maybe. Anything on the left hand side of the engine bay needs to dodge the blower.

Thanks for your thoughts

Charlie