Radius arm removal-series 2 OTS

It won’t. On S2s the piston cylinder is integral to the caliper, not bolted on so the whole caliper must come out.

1 Like

Looks like the IRS is destined to be removed, darn it! I guess that I will get the fronts done as well as a few other goodies and put that task off 'til later.
Thanks for all the replies and advice.
Spike

Hi Spike…it sounds difficult…and you can do lots of thinking about it…but release the handbrake cable, brake line connection. Prop shaft, and exhaust. Radius arms. …then its just the 8 holts that hold the mounts on…far easier to do than think about. …,Steve

1 Like

The exhaust is the worst bit

I am thinking someone may have said so by now, but on some/many IRS,
you can get the calipers out by lifting the car quite high, disconnecting and dropping down some outer suspension components, removing some more parts to access the caliper bolts, remove handbrake calipers, slide brake calipers down

I have seen a Jag mechanic do this on a hoist with an early XJ6, and pretty sure I have seen threads on this forum

It seems almost as much work as dropping the IRS, but not as much

I know certain models differ slightly, so it may be absolutely impossible on a S2 OTS

Dropping an IRS does tend to lead to a full IRS overhaul

Yeah, the “as long as I’m doing this I might as well do that also” syndrome kicks in !

There was a whole thread on it!

https://jag-lovers.org/saloons/disease.html