Rear Bumper Radius MK2

I am going to get my bumpers re-chromed. The rear has some minor crash damage. The chromer will repair this for me. The biggest problem it creates is the it has distorted the radius. By pushing the bumper in slightly it flattened the curve and the passenger side (left as you look at the rear) end of the bumper pulled away from the car.

I will make a cardboard template showing the radius using the mounting points. It would be a good check though to have the measurements from one end of the bumper across opening to the other. (The pic below is not where the measurement I am thinking. It was just for scale).

I know the bumpers were ‘fitted’ and that measurement won’t be the same on all cars… but if any of you have that measurement it would be a useful point of reference.

Cheers.

Dave

Dave I take it you have the car to hand , you could get a long bit of wood and screw two shorter bits to match your Bumper , then offer it up to the position the Bumper will take on your car , adjusting the wood to fit the gap ,Take the measurement, then your know it will fit your car !

Good idea. In the end I took the radius of the good side, cut it out , folded it over to create an exact mirror then tested it by taping it in place.

In the mean time after packing up the bumpers ready to go I was searching for replacement bolts for the front and came across some very attractively priced refurbished ones.

Asr Electroplating Ltd in Brimingham apparently did the work. Couldn’t find them on the web and according to companies house listing only in business 8 months. Will ask the forum if they have any knowledge of them.

Cheers.

Dave

Just discovered on reading the listing again that the price was for one bumper. Not two as in the picture.

Mine are off to ACF Howell tomorrow as originally planned.
Thanks
Dave