Rear calipers in situ

Www.Whitepost.com

Or

http://www.applehydraulics.com/

1 Like

Good suggestion Paul! At one time White Post would do sleeving without rebuilding the cylinder and we’ve got one E-Type that they did over 30 years ago! When they stopped doing sleeving alone I switched to Apple Hydraulics, I’ll do my own rebuilding Thank you, and have had numerous cylinders done by them with never a problem.
Bob

jag axels Colchester uk sleeve callipers not sure about m.c.
no cant help with that no. I ordered it from a jag classic spares firm In the west country and that’s what they sent, it had a Girling number on it and a Chrysler sticker and a hand written jag no on it…

has anybody on this thread installed the wilwood brakes?

Yes: I installed Wilwoods, on the front of my XKE: lighter—by a bunch!!— and, at the time, considerably less money than rebuilding the Dunlops.

Despite warnings, I never had any bias issues, and they worked fine, street and track.

1 Like

I have too many Jaguars that need rear brakes, and I have only 1 pair of Brembo inboard ventilated rotors (which came with literally truck load of parts). Since I had the part number I searched for vendors, and lets just say I can’t afford them, for all of my Jags.

I like Wilwood brakes I have them on my Impala SS and would buy more; so I was excited to learn about the wilwood, the hats; though. I guess you just have to pay for them once. I can operate machining tools Mill and a Lathe, but my no stretch of the imagination am I a machinist. I left that to my brother. :smile:
Again, there was a point.
Oh, Where did you get the hats machined? XK and Terri’s Jag want way too much money for them, and I can screw up about 3 sets before I get it right. But we all know what it’s like to drop the IRS, and it’s something that I really don’t want to do 4 times.

well my daughter wants to beat me at Mario Cart (video game) not physically - I don’t think.

Cheers!

Mark, any decent machine shop/toolmaker would be able to make the top hats from Kirberts drawings.

If you know of a source for the hats to bolt the Wildwood rotors to, how about sharing that information. Local Machine shop has not given me a cost but would like comparisons.

I would be interested too. I’ve been thinking about this - alot. I’ve considered about chalking up an old rotor in the lathe and use it to make a hat for the Wilwood brakes. Idk, then again, my brother is a machinist, I could just give it to him and have my brother do it. IDK, seems like a daunting task to me.

1 Like

That’s a really good idea!

1 Like