Rear isolators replacement

Hi!

I recently replaced bot the upper and lower rear isolators. The carbon fiber spacer tube is 2" long.
Cheers!

Joseph …

Excellent pictures.

Is this not the most Mickey Mouse system of isolating the shocks from the body that any human being could come up with. When you have to change the isolators every 5 or 6 years something is seriously wrong…and when you do changed them, they’re not a little worn, they’re GONE.

I believe that you were right the first time (top pix). I"m relatively sure the saucer shaped top washer goes on depression down so as to be self centering. It seems to me that we plowed that field over this very question years ago on the forum and that was the consensus. But I can’t see where it would make much difference one way or another.

Hi Grooveman!

Thank you for the reply. In this setup there’s no self centering movement, the 15mm O.D. carbon fiber spacer tube sits tightly (but not too tight) in the cowboy hat bushing. The upper washer is turned upside down so it can compress the whole top isolator including the edges. In the upright position it wouldn’t compress and even touch the edge of the isolator only the center part.
Cheers!

Just saying …

Diagram from Jaguar Heritage