Rear near side tail light is not coming on since a message appeared saying ‘Circuit 2 faulty

Rear near side tail light is not coming on since a message appeared saying ‘Circuit 2 faulty’
Can anyone help?
Many thanks

0 Likes

(Robin O'Connor) #2

Fuse fail in one of the fuse boxes, I can never remember which side is called what, check the fuse boxes either side of the foot wells.

0 Likes

(motorcarman) #3

Fuse 1 is the RIGHT box, Fuse 2 is the LEFT box and Fuse 3 is in the center cubby.

bob

0 Likes

Many thanks, appreciated

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

0 Likes

Thank you very much Robin, you have solved the problem. I am very greatfu.

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

0 Likes

Good morning Robin, the car has developed another fault, gearbox fluid has started to pour out at a rate of 3 litres per 8-10 miles. The gearbox works perfectly when topped up but obviously needs to be sorted out. Would it be best to source another one from a breaking car or repair my one? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

0 Likes

(Robin O'Connor) #7

Hi Horacio, without knowing what’s wrong its a bit hard to determine but a replacement box is the quickest solution.

Cheers Robin

0 Likes

Thank you Robin, would you know of any suppliers?

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

0 Likes

(Robin O'Connor) #9

Sorry I’m in New Zealand so would have no idea.

0 Likes

( Larry ) #10

If the fluid is leaking from the pan, you should be able to pick up a used pan from a wrecking yard and replace that, no need to swap entire transmission.

0 Likes

(Grooveman) #11

3 liters every 10 miles is a rather serious leak. You really need to get under the car and see where that fluid is coming from.

Just off the top of my head it could be a leaking torque convertor seal, a bad pan gasket or a failed seal around the gear selector shaft. Of course the easiest fix would be a loose drain plug or loose fittings at the cooler lines, but with these cars easy isn’t in their vocabulary !

0 Likes

Many thanks for your help, appreciated

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

0 Likes