Rear near side tail light is not coming on since a message appeared saying ‘Circuit 2 faulty

Rear near side tail light is not coming on since a message appeared saying ‘Circuit 2 faulty’
Can anyone help?
Many thanks

Fuse fail in one of the fuse boxes, I can never remember which side is called what, check the fuse boxes either side of the foot wells.

Fuse 1 is the RIGHT box, Fuse 2 is the LEFT box and Fuse 3 is in the center cubby.

bob

Many thanks, appreciated

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

Thank you very much Robin, you have solved the problem. I am very greatfu.

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

Good morning Robin, the car has developed another fault, gearbox fluid has started to pour out at a rate of 3 litres per 8-10 miles. The gearbox works perfectly when topped up but obviously needs to be sorted out. Would it be best to source another one from a breaking car or repair my one? Your feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

Hi Horacio, without knowing what’s wrong its a bit hard to determine but a replacement box is the quickest solution.

Cheers Robin

Thank you Robin, would you know of any suppliers?

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez

Sorry I’m in New Zealand so would have no idea.

If the fluid is leaking from the pan, you should be able to pick up a used pan from a wrecking yard and replace that, no need to swap entire transmission.

3 liters every 10 miles is a rather serious leak. You really need to get under the car and see where that fluid is coming from.

Just off the top of my head it could be a leaking torque convertor seal, a bad pan gasket or a failed seal around the gear selector shaft. Of course the easiest fix would be a loose drain plug or loose fittings at the cooler lines, but with these cars easy isn’t in their vocabulary !

Many thanks for your help, appreciated

Best Regards,

Horacio Jiménez