Rear poly bush kit

Just come across this , poly bush kit , for the rear of the MK2
anyone tried it ?
At £281 it need’s to be good :roll_eyes:

I don’t know who the vendor is you’re referencing but I used SuperFlex from the UK for complete poly rear end kit in my mk2. I don’t think it was as much as you quoted here. That kit plus a HBE sway bar and it is super solid in the back. Night and day.

It is a USA firm , I live in the UK , just looked at Superflex , just the Torque arm bushes and leaf spring ends comes to £180 !

I bought Prothane poly bits for my Mk2 recently. Was actually able to find much of it on Amazon. Some are red and some are black. I didn’t buy it as a kit, but believe I have all the parts. Total was less than $200. What led me down this path was a search for poly steering pin bushes…which I did find on Amazon made by Prothane.

hi Ian, you may have better $ results if you buy a complete fore and aft set. different colours usually denote different compliance rates. i put a set of black P…thane bushings and good shocks in mine about five years ago and i really like the result but some would think ride harsh. fit was pretty good mostly but spring pads needed a little extra packing and some cursing required with slippery bits flying around.

I used Polybush from the UK. Please with fit. Lasted well.

http://www.polybush.co.uk/shop/jaguar/mk2?attr=2|1962

Front Kit : £104 +VAT
Rear Kit : £185 +VAT

Hi John
I did do all the front when I rebuilt it , with poly bushes , plus up rated springs !
If the rubbers go on the back , will buy a kit !

I’ve just completed a rear suspension overhaul using Polybush bushes. They have definitely made a difference, the car is quieter and handles better now. Polybush make 2 grades of bush, although the rear bushes are " comfort " grade only, which equates to the original rubber suppleness. For the front suspension, they make 2 grades, a firm one and the comfort one which I will be fitting this winter. They have a good web site with all the details and individual parts or kits.

Prothane makes only one grade, but two colors (red and black). They claim no difference in stiffness, only that the black ones contain graphite which aids in reducing squeaking.

I have been using poly bushings for awhile and am now noticing a “e a e a e a” sound over bumps which is annoying. Anyone else experiencing this problem. The ride is firm and tight but I want a quiet ride.

Gerard